National Landscapes Platform
The AONB Network's collaboration platform
This system is for authorised users only - if you would like to register, please click here
Please note, the platform is currently only open to staff at AONB Partnerships and Conservation Boards and a very few external users working on collaborative projects. We intend to open the registration wider as the platform develops.
If you are already registered, please login
What is the National Landscapes Platform?
Our National Landscapes Platform is a space for collaborative working across the national network of teams responsible for looking after our Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty (approximately 400 users from across the UK). The platform provides a set of online tools to allow us to work together more effectively. These tools include, but are not necessarily limited to, the following.
- A variety of Forums where users can discuss topics, as well as a few smaller, more private, forums for specific project work
- A searchable Contact Directory, to provide additional networking with colleagues nationally - users are able to search for people with specific expertise and for those who are open for collaborative activity (from ad hoc advice to project work)
- A searchable Resource Library where users can share and discover files of all sorts (documents, images, maps…)
- A News page where users can read all the latest updates from across the network (curated by AONB comms officers), as well as national updates from the NAAONB
- Calendars to inform users of upcoming events, meetings and training sessions, as well as project-specific calendars (to aid with project management)
- A Project Summary page to inform users on what national/regional projects there are and how they are progressing
- A collaborative document management system, to co-edit files remotely without fear of losing precious work because of version history problems
- A chat system, for quick, one-to-one conversations
- And, customisable settings for email notifications, including a weekly digest of recent activity - to cut down on unwanted pressure on email inboxes!